- October 2021
- ARE PANTY LINERS SAFE FOR EVERYDAY USE? WHICH PANTY LINERS ARE ACTUALLY SAFE TO USE?
- CHEMICAL FREE SANITARY PADS: 3 WAYS THEY ARE REVOLUTIONARY
- NORAA – A CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: LIFE BEFORE & AFTER USING ORGANIC MENSTRUAL PADS
- WHY EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BIODEGRADABLE SANITARY PADS
- HOW ARE RASH FREE ORGANIC SANITARY PADS DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR PADS?
- HOW CAN RASH FREE SANITARY PADS HELP YOU FEEL BETTER DURING YOUR PERIOD?
- WHAT ARE ORGANIC – BIODEGRADABLE MENSTRUAL SANITARY PADS & WHY ARE THEY POPULAR?
- ORGANIC MENSTRUAL PADS: 8 BENEFITS YOU DIDN’T KNOW
- WHY DO YOU NEED NORAA RASH-FREE PADS NOW MORE THAN EVER?
- HEALTH CHOICES IN A PANDEMIC: HOW CAN ORGANIC FEMININE PRODUCTS HELP?
ARE PANTY LINERS SAFE FOR EVERYDAY USE? WHICH PANTY LINERS ARE ACTUALLY SAFE TO USE?
Oct 21, 2021
A good panty liner can be the key to make your life a little better during periods of light menstruation, especially when it comes to doing everyday activities or if you’re on the go a lot.
However, did you know that there are a lot of reasonable arguments to ask the question – are panty liners safe for everyday use?
In this blog, we’re going to take a look at the health and wellbeing aspects of panty liners, the best organic panty liners available today, and how to use them properly.
Are panty liners safe to use?
There are many problems with modern mass-manufactured panty liners. Firstly, a lot of experts agree that panty liners can actually irritate your skin. Scented panty liners are particularly bad when it comes to this aspect as the chemicals used are can be irritating to the skin. Irritation caused by panty liners can lead to health problems such as rashes, itchiness, redness, and pain.
Secondly, there is an increased chance of suffering from a yeast infection by wearing a panty liner every day. Vaginal yeast infection can also lead to a lot of problems such as the sensation of burning, itching, or unwanted discharge.
However, while wearing panty liners every day can cause unpleasant issues, there are certain precautions you can take to ensure a healthier and a better you.
For example, you should only wear panty liners when you’re menstruating and try to avoid wearing them for a long duration of time. It is also recommended to regularly change your panty liners and other feminine products to mitigate the undesired effects.
Lastly, it’s a good idea to use the best organic panty liners that are manufactured by conscious brands that really care about providing a better health product for women. Just like sanitary pads, the quality of raw materials and ingredients that are used matters a lot and conscious brands use ingredients that are not harmful or irritating to your skin.
Looking out for qualities like 100% organic cotton and a manufacturing process that is free from any toxic chemical or compounds is important when you’re looking to switch to a healthier feminine products brand.
By taking a two-part approach, i.e. using better products and using them in a better way, you can get rid of most problems that are normally associated with panty liners.
Tips on how to use panty liners in a healthy way
Here are some quick tips on how to use panty liners in a way that is not harmful. These tips can also help you take care of your personal hygiene better:
- Wash your hands and ensure they are clean and dry before wearing your panty liner. While it is rare, bacteria from your hands can transfer to the liner and can cause infections.
- Try to avoid wearing scented panty liners as they often contain compounds and chemicals that are irritating to the skin. You’ll have a much lower chance of getting rashes and itching by using unscented liners.
- Change the panty liners on a regular basis. Most of the problems that stem from the use of panty liner happen due to the fact that they there are worn way longer than they should be. Ideally, it is recommended to change the liner every five hours.
- It is not recommended to wear a panty liner while sleeping as it can prevent your skin from breathing properly during that time.
- Pantyliners are not meant to absorb the flow of heavy menstruation but to absorb the flow of light menstruation. You should use them before or after your period but not during.
- Use only the best panty liners created using natural ingredients as they are much better for your personal hygiene and health.
Using the best organic panty liners
If you’re wondering which panty liners are the best for you, here are some things you should be looking out for when it comes to finding the best organic panty liners:
- The panty liner should ideally be free from any scents or perfumes.
- The panty liner should use natural ingredients like organic cotton as they lower the chances of causing health problems that are associated with traditional panty liners such as rashes and allergy.
- The panty liner should be able to maintain a natural pH-level which keeps you safe from problems bacterial and yeast infections.
- Lastly, though this is an additional point, the panty liner should ideally also be 100% biodegradable which helps you in limiting the amount of pollution that is created due to feminine products. This way, you’re not only being a better you but also help in making the planet better!
Keeping all these points in mind, we would suggest you try out Noraa’s Organic Ultra Soft Panty Liners. The panty liners are manufactured by keeping the needs and problems of women in mind.
Take care of your personal hygiene with Noraa
Using better and conscious feminine health products will not only do a lot for your health but also for your happiness in general. Make a conscious choice and use products that are made by women and made for women today.