- October 2021
- ARE PANTY LINERS SAFE FOR EVERYDAY USE? WHICH PANTY LINERS ARE ACTUALLY SAFE TO USE?
- CHEMICAL FREE SANITARY PADS: 3 WAYS THEY ARE REVOLUTIONARY
- NORAA – A CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: LIFE BEFORE & AFTER USING ORGANIC MENSTRUAL PADS
- WHY EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BIODEGRADABLE SANITARY PADS
- HOW ARE RASH FREE ORGANIC SANITARY PADS DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR PADS?
- HOW CAN RASH FREE SANITARY PADS HELP YOU FEEL BETTER DURING YOUR PERIOD?
- WHAT ARE ORGANIC – BIODEGRADABLE MENSTRUAL SANITARY PADS & WHY ARE THEY POPULAR?
- ORGANIC MENSTRUAL PADS: 8 BENEFITS YOU DIDN’T KNOW
- WHY DO YOU NEED NORAA RASH-FREE PADS NOW MORE THAN EVER?
- HEALTH CHOICES IN A PANDEMIC: HOW CAN ORGANIC FEMININE PRODUCTS HELP?
BENEFITS OF USING ORGANIC COTTON SANITARY PADS
Sep 03, 2021
Organic cotton sanitary pads are more breathable compared with ones made with synthetic fibres hence making it a rash-free experience. “Regular sanitary pads have a lot of plastic content and can cause skin irritation and allergic reactions. Organic cotton sanitary pads contain an absorbent cellulose core that locks away menstrual fluid to keep you dry and a soft organic cotton cover that allows your skin to breathe while being Organic cotton sanitary pads too.
Synthetic fibres pads contain only a small percentage of cotton. Rather some of them contain no cotton at all being a farce overall. They use fabrics with certain characteristics to simulate the texture of cotton. But above all, they are not natural and may cause irritation or even allergic reactions such as rashes. As we often can notice, pads from most of the common brands on the market are not always the safest to use. When you touch the surface of the pad, you can feel that it’s a little bumpy and not as soft or safe the 100% organic cotton sanitary pads.
Here comes the major thing about the difference between using organic cotton sanitary pads and synthetic ones: dryness. According to a lot of women, it was found the wetness was more noticeable while using organic sanitary pads compared to the synthetic ones. It makes us think that the pad’s not absorbent enough. But it’s not that. When we say that organic sanitary pads are best, then why the wetness? It is because of the nature of organic cotton in general. The surface of a 100% organic cotton pad cannot be perforated like synthetic fabrics can be.
As we mentioned earlier, pads made with synthetic fibre have a perforated surface. This absorbs a little faster than the organic cotton pads hence the completely dry feeling. So even though a pad that’s made with organic cotton can absorb a lot more flow, some women may feel the need of changing it a little more than the synthetic ones. It’s all because of that wet feeling.
After all, we’re in a time that women are more aware and care about overall health. Which is obviously a good thing. The use of an organic cotton sanitary pad lessens the chance of any kind of fabric or other allergy and irritation. Plus, the plant of organic cotton takes 71% less water and 62% less energy to produce which is great. It’s a huge advantage for not only the body but the environment too!Share on Facebook